I cannot believe it is 2011! Many people begin the New Year with a resolution that they hope to accomplish. With that it mind, many people may call me an overachiever with my list of resolutions. Actually, I prefer to call them goals.
I have decided to run a 5K race this year. I am completing the Couch to 5K training and it has been going great! Check out runningintoshape.com. The website offers podcast for each week of the Couch to 5K training schedule. I run three days a week and on the days I am not running, I have been enjoying an hour or more of yoga. I highly recommend Om Yoga by Cyndi Lee.
The winter seems to drag on forever in this small town with one traffic light. It snows every single week and never melts away. I may complain about the snow and the cold weather, but it is beautiful on top of the Mountain at almost 4,000 feet high.
Before the New Year, I felt as if I was beginning to drift away from the person I wanted to become. After certain events within the first week of 2011, I have realized that I need to keep in mind why I moved to this small town for a year. I want to focus on the next step of my life and what I want to do with my life. I want a year dedicated to enjoying life and being surrounded by friends. I once heard a quote that stated, "Sometimes you have to look at the past to see how far you have come...and to see in what direction you are going." I also believe it is important to keep that direction in mind as you pursue your goals and dreams.